Effective as of August 20, 2023
- Our platform and client portals used to access our services, and which may be accessed through the Site;
- Our marketing communications;
- Our communications with employees or other representatives of the organizations to which we provide services (collectively, the “Client Services”); and
Collectively, we refer to our Site, platform, portals, events, marketing communications and Client Services as the “Services”.
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information about you that we collect from you through the Services or otherwise may include:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number(s), professional title and company name.
- Registration data, such as the information you provide to register for Services that we provide or an event we host.
- Communications, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us.
- Marketing data, such as the email addresses or contact details that we use to send marketing communications we may send to you, and information about your responses to our marketing communications.
Data from other sources. We may receive personal information about you from other sources, such as:
- Publicly-available sources, including social media platforms;
- Information services;
- Business partners, such as joint marketing partners and event co-sponsors; and
- Third parties, individuals who share your contact details with us, and our clients, which may include your employer.
We may combine the personal information we obtain from other sources with the personal information you provide to us.
Automatic collection. We may automatically log the following information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity occurring on or through the Services:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area (but not your precise geolocation data).
- Online activity data, such as information about your use of and actions on the Site, including pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- Provide, operate and improve the Services;
- Communicate with you about the Services, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with representatives of our clients and other individuals in connection with providing Services; and
- Respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information to analyze and improve the Services and our business and operations.
Marketing. We may send you NetRise-related announcements or other marketing communications as permitted by law.
To comply with law. We may use and share your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (d) prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous data. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Services and promote our business.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service providers. We may share your personal information with third party companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Services or our business (such as IT, hosting, human resources services, email delivery, marketing, event management, and database management services). Our service providers are obligated to protect the confidentiality of personal information and are only permitted to use the personal information to provide services to us.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
To comply with law. We may share your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; and (d) prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) involving NetRise, such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
Review and request changes. If you have registered with the Site or have an account through the Services, you can review and change your personal information on your account profile page. If you have not registered with the Site and wish to access, correct, update or delete personal information about you, please email us at email@example.com, or as provided below, and we will provide assistance if we are able or obligated to do so. Please understand that we may not be able to alter or delete your personal information if we are required under applicable law to maintain that information. We are also not obligated to comply with requests that are unreasonably burdensome or expensive, or with requests that would interfere with the rights of another individual.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in the email or other communication, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or as provided below. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals sent to our Site or Services. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Cookies. Internet browsers may be configured to reject or disable cookies, as described in documentation for your browser. Please understand, however, that rejecting or disabling cookies may affect your experience of the Site or interfere with your ability to access areas or functions of the Site.
Declining to provide information. You may always decide not to provide your personal information. However, we need to collect personal information to provide certain Services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those Services.
Other Sites and Services
The Services may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International Data Transfers
We maintain offices and facilities in the United States, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to email@example.com
You may also write to us via postal mail at:
1806 Ferdinand Street Unit 1
Austin, TX 78702